I have been blogging for about 6 months now and I have been chatting with other bloggers via Twitter chats, but I haven’t really revealed a lot about myself.
I had fun writing a few facts about myself for my Liebster Award, so I wanted to write this post so you guys can get to know me a bit better.
I sometimes find it quite hard to write about myself so I wanted to give myself a bit of a challenge. So here goes…
- I have appeared on TV – a blink and you’ll miss it appearance in Holiday swap (remember that 90’s-00’s show?) my brother and I made friends with the family who swapped holidays and we made it on camera playing table football.
- I love food, I’m a massive foodie, I love eating out at different restaurants and trying new food. I love cooking and baking cakes, my favourite cakes to make are my chocolate chip cupcakes.
- My favourite animals are penguins, I love them! I think they are so cute when they waddle and I love that penguin’s mate for life. I loved the film Happy Feet, I think that’s when I became obsessed with penguins.
- My birthday is 9th October 1986 which makes me 30 and a Libra. I would say I’m a typical Libra, I like to try and see everything from both sides, but sometimes I can be a bit stubborn. Although with horoscopes you have to take them with a pinch of salt! but they can be very accurate at times.
- I have a massive sweet tooth I love chocolate, sweets and of course cake.
- I’m a very organised person, especially when I am at work. I keep to-do lists and my desk is really tidy. When I’m at home I am a little bit more relaxed and laid back, I like to just, chill out and go with the flow.
- My favourite seasons are spring and summer. Spring because of the crisp and sunny mornings, all of the flowers are coming into bloom and it feels like a new beginning after the long cold winter. I love summer because of the long hot days, I love heading down to the beach after work and spending time in the sun chilling out drinking a G&T and having BBQ’s with all my friends, I also love how the sunshine and good weather can lift people’s mood.
- 92% of the time I’m a morning person, once I’m up I’m up, I’m not very grumpy either, I’m quite a cheerful person, which sometimes can get on people’s nerves. (sorry not sorry) the other 8% of the time I’m quite lazy and love sleeping in.
- I have been with my boyfriend Brendan for two and a half years now. I would describe him as my partner in crime, he loves food as much as I do, has a big sweet tooth like me and loves the summer. I think he is the ultimate cool dude. He is also really supportive of my blog, and he also likes a G&T or two.
- My Dream Job as a five-year-old was to be an air hostess. I think it was because I thought they all looked really glamorous walking through the airport with their uniforms, high heels and bright red lipstick, The five year me wanted to be just like them.
- I used to be a Graphic Designer/Artworker. I went to university and gained a 2:1 in Graphic Design. But after working in the industry I decided it wasn’t for me and made a move in marketing which is now the career I’m in. A career which I love.
- I love facials, I think they are a great way to relax and unwind after a busy day. I’m always on the lookout for new ones to try.
- Apart from facials another way I love like to relax is light candles and paint my nails while watching a girlie film.
- I am a very patient person, I always try and keep my cool in most situations, I also think I keep my cool when I’m under pressure and I keep my emotions in check. (which can sometimes be a bad thing)
- Continuing from my last fact…I can bottle up a lot of my emotions, which can be quite bad. I’m trying to be more open and honest about how I am feeling. I find it hard, but I have learnt it is so important to share your problems.
- I am very loyal and a trustworthy person. I have had some friends for over 15 years, these friends I met while I was in high school.
- I love wine, cider and gin. I love trying new gins in my local gin bars the Office and the Gin Tub.
- When I was 7, I was obsessed with Beauty and the Beast. Belle was my favourite Disney princess. I wanted to be her. For my 7th birthday, I had a Beauty and the Beast puppet show. (i know so cool huh?)
- I think now I am a bit older (I’m 30) I have mellowed. I used to be a big ball of energy, and I was very hyper and loud. But know I have chilled out quite a lot.
- My dream place to visit has always been New York. I have always wanted to go for as long as I could remember. Brendan took me there as a 30th birthday present and it was amazing.
- My favourite meal is roast dinner with all the trimmings, (including parsnips) they are my favourite roast dinner vegetable. In my opinion, it’s not a proper roast dinner without parsnips.
- I’m quite a goodie, goodie. I never got a detention when I was at school.
- I’m quite down to earth, I’m not a girl that wouldn’t dare leave the house without makeup on! I sometimes can’t be bothered to wear any especially in summer (that’s what sunglasses are for) I’m not big on designer brands either.
- For some reason I have always seen myself as a bit of a geek, I’m surprised when people say I’m cool!. I’m just happy being me.
- The life motto I always remember and like to stay true to is ‘treat others how you would like to be treated yourself. I think now more than ever we should be nice to each other and think of others.
So there you go guys, I hope you enjoyed finding out a little bit more about me?
If you have any other burning questions you would like to know, please leave a comment and also tell me a bit about yourself too.
Bye for now x