Wow, this is quite cool. I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award by @miss_jennjenn at www.andthebeatgoes.co.uk. As a new blogger I haven’t come across the Liebster Award, but after reading a few posts about it, I’m excited to be taking part. It’s a great opportunity to get to know other bloggers that are out there.
So here goes…The rules
Post 11 facts about yourself
Answer the 11 questions the nominator has asked you
Nominate 11 other bloggers
Ask them 11 questions
Let them know you have nominated them
So here’s 11 facts about me
- My Name is Helen, but everyone calls me hels!
- I’m a massive foodie, I’m always thinking about my next meal, I love making chocolate chip cupcakes, chicken pie and meatballs
- I was 29 when I first coloured my hair – ombre/balayage blonde
- At the moment I have a big obsession with cheese
- I am a bit of gym bunny, my favourite gym classes are Combat and Body Pump
- I am a bit of a Gin geek, I have a collection of about 20 different gins
- I secretly love it when I get asked for ID
- I am a massive Friends fan, I have lost count of how many times, I have watched each episode
- I am a libra and was born in the year of the tiger
- I am a very loyal person.
- I love watching a bit of netflix they have got some great series on there. I’m currently binge watching the crown.
They were my 11 facts about me, now time to answer @miss_jennjenn Questions
If you could do anything you wanted right now what would it be? I would like to go back to New Zealand to visit my bestfriend, she moved out there a few years ago, and I really miss her. She is coming back for a visit soon and i’m so excited.
How would your friends describe you? I think they would say I’m loyal, caring, funny and I don’t take myself too seriously
What is your favourite accessory? I have a couple of favourites, in winter it’s my big checked red and blue scarf. And on every sunny day I love my Ted Baker tortoise shell sunglasses, I got them last summer and I love them.
If you could get away with a crime, what would it be? I’m a bit of a goodie two shoes I’m afraid, I was never one to get into trouble at school.
I was always to scared of getting caught.
If you could only take 3 items with you to a desert island what would they be and why? I would take photos of my friends and family, as I like having loved ones around me. A camera to take pictures of of all the cool stuff on the island, that I would somehow try and send home to make everyone jealous. I would also take tea to keep me warm at night and I can’t live without a good cuppa, in my opinion a nice cup of tea solves everything.
What was your dream job growing up? When I was growing up I had a few dream jobs, I was always changing my mind. I remember when I was about 7 I wanted to an air hostess, they all looked so glamourous walking through the airport with their perfect hair, makeup and uniforms. Also it seemed really cool to be jetsetting around the world.
What would be your perfect day? It would be summer, I would have the day off from work. And I would go for a walk to the beach, where I would just chill out listening to the waves and enjoy the sunshine. Then I think I would go to lunch and have a good catch up with my friends while drinking prosecco.
What is your favourite meal? It has to be a roast dinner with all the trimmings, parsnips, roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, carrots and peas, with either beef or chicken (yum)
What is your favourite comedy film? I think it has to be the Wedding Singer, I love the cast, the 80’s music the clothes. I just love it.
What are you 3 favourite songs and why?
Justin Timberlake Rock your body – This one brings back a really funny memory for me, I was 16 and in the middle of taking my exams, one evening I was watching MTV hits and this song came on, My mum (who was in the middle of washing up and had a tea towel in one hand and was wearing marigolds), started dancing along trying (and failing) to copy his dance moves. Its was so funny and every time I hear this song I think of her.
Wheatus Teenage Dirtbag – This is kind of an unofficial song for me and my boyfriend when it has been played at parties, we sing the words really loud, and we have also been ‘papped’ singing to it. so when I hear this song it makes me think of him and how I love singing along to this song with him.
I also love canned heat by jamiroquai as its my happy song.
What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? The craziest thing I‘ve probably ever done, was White Water Rafting when I was in New Zealand. I like to stay within my comfort zone, and I’m not a massive risk taker. So White Water Rafting was quite out there for me, I was really scared to do it, but once I did it I loved every minute of it.
I’d like to nominate
Your turn …these are your 11 questions to answer
- What are your goals for 2017?
- Why did you decide to write a blog?
- Describe yourself in 5 words?
- What did you dream about last night?
- What actress would play you in a movie of your life?
- What is your favourite dinner?
- If you were invisible for the day what would you do?
- Who inspires you?
- What is your favourite time of year?
- What is your favourite outfit and why?
- If you stuck in a lift who would like to be stuck with you?
I am looking forward to seeing all your answers.